Alireza FEREIDUNIAN, PhD
Assistant Professor, Faculty of ECE, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Post-Doctoral Research Associate, SMRL, CIPCE,
University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Tehran (Research Attachment at Imperial College London and Aalto University), Tehran, Iran (2001- 2009)
Emphasis: Power Engineering (Major), Information Technology (Computer-Control) (Minor)
M. Sc. in Electrical (Power) Engineering from University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran (1994-1997)
B.Sc. in Electrical (Electronic) Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran (1989-1994)
- The British Council (in UK) Partial Scholarship, research visit as an Academic Visitor at the Control and Power Research Group, Imperial College London, 2005
- The Center for International Mobility (CIMO) Scholarship (in Finland), as a Research Scientist at the Power Systems and High Voltage Engineering Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, 2005-2006
- The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Merit Scholarship for three years PhD study in Systems Engineering, 2006-2009.
Power Engineering: Smart Grid, Power Distribution Systems Engineering (Operation, Automation, Design, and Planning), Power Systems Reliability, Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing in Power Systems, IT in Power Systems, Asset Management, Deregulation and Market in Energy Retail
Systems Engineering: Smart Grid, Multi-Disciplinary Systems Architectural Design and Management, Complex Systems, Decision Making and Decision Support, Human-Centered Design, Human-Automation Interaction, Adaptive Autonomy, IT Infrastructures
- Smart Grid
- Power Systems Reliability
- Electrical Circuits
- Electrical Machines
Five Most Recent Journal Publications and Book Chapters
- Fereidunian, A., Zamani, M.A. Sharifi K., M.A., Lesani, H., “Adaptive Autonomy in Human-Automation Interactions: A Complex Adaptive System of Systems (CAS SoS)”, In M. Zhou (Ed.) “Complimentary Issues in Systems Science and Engineering”, IEEE-Wiley Press, In Press, (English).
- Jamalabadi, H.R., Boroomand, F., Lucas, C., Fereidunian, A, Zamani, M.A., Lesani, H., “A Novel Hybrid Adaptive Nonlinear Controller Using Gaussian Process Prior and Fuzzy Control”, In M. Fathi (Ed.), Integrated Systems, Design and Technology, Part 3, pp. 301-312, Springer, 2011, (English).
- Zamani, M.A. Sharifi K., M.A., Fereidunian, A., Lesani, H., Lucas, C., “Adaptive Autonomy Expert System in Smart Grid based on Deterministic Timed Petri Nets”, International Journal of Information and Communication Technology (IJICT), Special Issue on IT Applications and Services, Vol. 2, No.3, Nov. 201, pp. 49-57 (English).
- Fereidunian, A., Lucas, C., Lesani, H., Rahmani, R., Wymore, A.W., “A Policy-Driven Method for IT Infrastructure Selection in Power Distribution Automation System”, International Review of Electrical Engineering (ISI-indexed), Vol. 5, No. 2, Part B, March-April 2010, pp. 671-682. (English)
- Fereidunian, A., Zamani, M.A., Lesani, H., Lucas, C., Lehtonen,
M., “An Expert System Realization of Adaptive Autonomy in Electric
Utility Management Automation”, Journal of Applied Sciences, (ISI-Indexed),
Vol. 9, No. 8, pp. 1524-1530, 2009 (English).