Mohammad Saadi Mesgari
[ Education ] [ Interests ] [ Publications ] [ Courses Taught ] [ Experience][ Mailing Addres ]
02/1985 - 10/1990: Dept. of Surveying Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, K. N. Toussi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, B. Sc. Degree in Surveying Engineering.
09/1993 - 08/1995: Division of Spatial Information Theory and Applied Computer Science, ITC, Enschede, The Netherlands, M.Sc. Degree in Geoinformatics.
06/1996 - 10/2000: Division of Spatial Information Theory and Applied Computer Science, Twente University, The Netherlands, Ph.D. Degree in Geoinformatics.
Design, development and implementation of GIS and Remote Sensing applications,
Relational and Object-oriented Databases, Spatial Analyses, Cartographic and Spatial
Modelling, Topology and Topological Analyses, Geo-spatial Data/Information
(1) Saadi Mesgari, Land classification for a rural fiscal cadastre using remotely sensed data. M.Sc. Thesis, ITC, The Netherlands, 1995.
(2) Saadi Mesgari, Wolfgang Kainz, and Rolf A. de By. 3D topological data modelling for public utilities. In Proceedings of the First Conference of the Association of Geographical Information Laboratories in Europe (AGILE), ITC, The Netherlands, 1998.
(3) Saadi Mesgari, Rolf A. de By, and Wolfgang Kainz. A three-dimensional topological data model for urban applications. In Proceedings of the Surveying '78 Thematic Conference and Exhibition, National Cartographic Centre of Iran, Tehran, Iran, 1999.
(4) Saadi Mesgari. Developing a three-dimensional topological data model. In proceedings of the XIXth Congress of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), Amesterdam, The Netherlands, 2000.
(5) Saadi Mesgari, Topological cell-tuple structures for three-dimensional spatial data. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Twente, The Netherlands, 2000.
(6) Saadi Mesgari, and Abolfazl Ranjbar. Analysis and estimation of deforestation using satellite imagery and GIS. In proceedings of Map India 2003, the 6th Annual International Conference and Exhibition, New Delhi, India, 2003.
(7) Saadi Mesgari, and Rasool Majdi. Optimum site selection for the establishment of new police stations by extending GIS capabilities. In proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Civil Engineering, Isfahan, Iran, 2003.
(8) Abolfazl Ranjbar, and Saadi Mesgari. Study and prediction of deforestation process using Landsat imagery and GIS. In Proceedings of the Geomatics '82 Conference and Exhibition, National Cartographic Centre of Iran, Tehran, Iran, 2003.
(9) Mohsen Jafari, and Saadi Mesgari. Improving and extending of Thiessen
Polygon function for the allocation of activity areas to service centers. In
Proceedings of the Geomatics '82 Conference and Exhibition, National
Cartographic Centre of Iran, Tehran, Iran, 2003.
10/1990 - 12/1991: Self-employed surveying engineer working in Tehran Metro Project, Tehran, Iran.
3/1992 - 6/1992: Working as a surveying engineer in Dez dam design and construction project, Ahvaz, Iran.
7/1992 - 08/1993 Surveying engineer working in Shahrake-Sazmane-Ab town construction project, ministry of defence, Tehran, Iran.
10/2000 – 8/2001 Working on parts of the design and development of the base GIS for the Ministry of Industry and Mining, Tehran, Iran.
4/2001 – 3/2002 Member of the consultancy group working on the design and development of the base GIS for the Cadastral Office of Iran, Tehran, Iran.
12/2001 – 10/2002 Conducting and guiding a project on site selection for the establishment of new police stations and allocation of activity areas to the service stations (based on extending and improving the Thiessen Polygon function).
1/2002 – 1/2003 Conducting a project on assessment and prediction of deforestation using GIS and satellite imagery
10/2001 – 12/2002 Co-operation in the design and implementation of a GIS for the management of agricultural irrigation network.
5/2002 – Present: Supervising a project on the development of 3-dimensional visualisation and analysis tools for mountain-climbing organisation, Iran.
12/1998 – 10/2000 as Lecturer:
M.Sc. Courses: Utilities Information Systems (in English)
10/2000 – Present as Assistant Professor
B.Sc. Courses: Fundamentals of Cadastre (in Persian)
Cadastral Information Systems (in Persian)
M.Sc. Courses: Object-oriented GIS (in Persian)
Land Information Systems (in Persian)
Principals of Geographical Information Systems (in English)
Spatial Information Theory (in English)
Spatial Databases (in English)
Geo-information Infrastructure (in English)
Advanced GIS (in Persian)
Ph.D. Courses: Mathematical Basis of GIS (in Persian)
Geo-information Infrastructure (in Persian)
Advanced GIS (in Persian)
Department of Surveying Engineering
Faculty of Civil Engineering, K. N. T University of Technology,
P. O. Box: 15875-4416, Tehran, Iran