Have they not seen the birds above them spreading and closing their wings? None holds them up except the Most Gracious.
Email: jowhari (at) kntu (.) ac (.) ir
Office: MATH 402
- Algorithms for massive data sets
- Data mining
- Lp samplers and their applications: A survey. ACM Computing Surveys, 2019. (with Graham Cormode) pdf
- The Sparse Awakens: Streaming Algorithms for Matching Size Estimation in Sparse Graphs. (with Graham Cormode, Morteza Monemizadeh, S. Muthukrishnan) ESA 2017 (arxiv)
- On the Monotonicity of a Data Stream (with Funda Ergun), to appear in Combinatorica.
- A Second Look at Counting Triangles in Graph Streams. (with Graham Cormode) Theoretical Computer Sceince, 2014 (pdf).
Efficient Communication Protocols for Deciding Edit Distance. ESA 2012 . (pdf)
Tight Bounds for Lp Samplers, Finding Duplicates in Streams, and Related Problems. (with Mert Saglam and Gabor Tardos). PODS 2011. (arxiv).
Periodicity in Streams. (with Funda Ergun and Mert Saglam). RANDOM 2010.
Improved Small Molecule Activity Determination via Centroid Nearest Neighbors Classification. (with Phuong Dao, Farhad Hormozdiari, Kendall Byler, Artem Cherkasov, S.Cenk Sahinalp). CSB 2009.
- On Distance to Monotonicity and Longest Increasing Subsequence of a Data Stream. (with Funda Ergun). SODA 2008.(pdf)
On Completing Latin Squares. (with Iman Hajirasouliha, Ravi Kumar, Ravi Sundaram). STACS 2007.(pdf)
New Streaming Algorithms for Counting Triangles in Graphs. (with Mohammad Ghodsi). COCOON 2005.(pdf)
Last time updated : Feb 2018